I had a car accident on 3/13/11 there where no injuries just vehicle damage the other car is at fault but the driver was not

Asked over 3 years ago - Compton, CA

the owner of the vehicle, the owner insurance are now saying that they might not take responsibility, because they can't finished there investigation. I aslo did not have insurance at the time.

1. Brian C. Pascale

Pro

Answered . I am not sure what your question is. However, their excuse that they can't finish their investigation is their problem. You need to write them a letter, by certified mail, stating that you want a status of the repairs and what, if any, the delays are.

2. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleague. I would also cc the NYState Dept. of Insurance. Here is their link: http://www.ins.state.ny.us/complhow.htm

3. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

Answered . Sorry, wrong State. Copy correspondence to:
    California Department of Insurance
    Consumer Services Division
    300 South Spring Street, South Tower
    Los Angeles, CA 90013

4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

Answered . Please ask your question(s)?

5. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

Answered . I suggest you file a complaint with your state's Insurance Commissioner's Office about the undue delay experienced with this insurance carrier. Hopefully they can intercede on your behalf and get this matter moving.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.