I had a car accident like 2 months ago and I was under the influence,me and the other passengers got minor injures

Asked 12 months ago - Sacramento, CA

I wasn't arrested before I got out the hospital the highway patrol officer made sign a paper to show up at the sheriff office in 10 days I went like 3 time but nothing come out till I went the last time they told me that now I might have a warrant what can I do? wait till get arrested?

1. Mariam Mary Margaryan

8

Answered . I agree with the previous answer that you should contact a criminal defense attorney that handles DUI cases to assist you.

2. Olga V. Blotnis

7

Answered . I am not sure if your question pertains to a personal injury that you received or to the fact that you were driving under the influence.
    Your best bet is to contact a criminal defense attorney, so that s/he can find out what is going on and straighten out the issues. Do not wait to get arrested.

3. David Lee Fiol

5

Answered . You need to talk to an attorney who handles DWI/DUI matters - I will change the category of your question so that AVVO attorneys who practice in that area can see it.

4. Marc Lazarus

4

Answered . You should post this in the criminal defense forum.

5. Evelyn Ann Cox

4

Answered . Do not wait to get arrested. You need to go down to the court house and ask for the matter to be set for a hearing. You should consult a criminal attorney and hire one if you can afford it. Otherwise - the court may appoint a public defender. You need to clear up the warrant - otherwise - some routine traffic stop could turn into a messy arrest and cost you a great deal more in time and money.