I had a car accident about 4 months ago can I still have a lawsuit against the person

Asked 8 months ago - New Haven, CT

I was the driver and I had a pregnant lady in the car we got hit in the rear of the car by nurse driver I want to know what can I do.

1. Scott Douglas Camassar

11

1

Answered . Yes-it is not too late. If you were injured, you should contact a personal injury lawyer. Use this site to find a lawyer or feel free to contact me for some names

2. Paul S Levin

Pro

11

1

Answered . You should seek immediate Legal representation and not engage in direct dialogue with the responsible driver's insurance company. This is the type of matter which my office handles on a contingency fee basis. Paul

Law offices of Paul Levin
    40 Russ Street
    Hartford, CT. 06106
    Tel. 860-560-7226
    Fax. 860-471-8400
    Www. Connecticutinjuryhelp. Com

3. Francis M Smith

Pro

12

1

Answered . If you are injured, you can. Contact a good local attorney right away.

4. Shoshana Kunin-Leavitt

11

1

Answered . Yes, but do so quickly. The sooner an attorney gets involved on your behalf, the better. Also tell your passenger that she has the right to an attorney as well. I hope she sought medical treatment to make sure that the accident did not cause any damage to her baby.

5. Eugene Glouzgal

9

1

Answered . The statute of limitations for Connecticut has not yet expired. But you should speak to a CT Personal Injury attorney as soon as possible to get guidance on preserving and filing your claim.

6. Pamela L Cameron

9

Answered . Yes, you usually have two years to file a lawsuit for personal injuries. Feel free to email me directly at pcameron@mojylaw.com if you want to discuss further.

Pro

9

1

Answered . Yes. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee.

8. Philip Anthony Fabiano

7

Best Answer

Answered . yes. Retain a lawyer immediately and refrain from giving any recorded statements to the other side's insurance. Nothing good will come of that!!! Follow up with your doctors--do not miss appointments or PT sessions. If you do--then that means you are "cured." As it is the other sides's insurance company will take the position you were not hurt, if you were hurt, you are better, if you are not better, something else caused your condition.

9. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

8

Answered . You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on Avvo.com.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  10. Gerald R Stahl

Pro

5

1

Answered . All good answers here. Mr. Ludeen and Mr. Fabiano nail the details. Don' t discuss with insurance company. Take photos of the damage an injuries. Seek medical treatment. Hire a personal injury lawyer ASAP. Good Luck!

11. Gregory A Allen

Pro

3

Answered . I am sorry to hear you were in an accident. I hope you and your passenger are doing well. You absolutely can still pursue a claim. You have two years from the date of the accident to decide if you want to pursue your claim. But, you should act now to preserve evidence that exists. Actions you take now may also effect how a claim you pursue is handled later on by the defendant's insurance carrier. It is best to seek the assistance of an experienced attorney early on in the process.

12. Stuart Hawkins

2

Answered . Yes. If you suffered injuries you are entitled to reimburse of medical expenses, lost wages, property damage to your vehicle, and compensation for pain and suffering. The pregnant lady in the car can also file a claim for any damages she sustained. The statute of limitations (the time frame in which to file a claim in negligence actions) is two years.