I had a car accident 2 months ago and never hired a lawyer, am I too late to do so now?

Lynwood, CA |

I had a car accident on 3/19 but there was no mayor injuries, but bruises and soreness. I went to my general dr to get checked to be on the safe side and got prescribed anti inflamatory meds. I returned to my Dr. a month after, when a bruise I had on my knee caused by the accident was not going away and is still not gone away now. That day, my Dr. sent me to get X rays, the results came back with some minor space narrowing on the neck bone and so my dr sent me to physical therapy. My Dr then told me that this may cause some numbness which I've been experiencing. Now that I went to the therapist, I'm being asked if I hired a lawyer as I may not get all my medical expenses paid for now since It's been 2 months since the accident and the insurance may not see my injuries as real.

1. It's not too late.

Click on the name or picture of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

2. You have time. It would be prudent to seek out a (free) consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

3. See a personal injury attorney asap. It should not be too late.

This response does not create an ongoing duty to respond to questions, nor does it form an attorney-client relationship, it is simply the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. The Answering Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.

4. You always have time as long as you are within your state's statute of limitations. It is quite common for accident victims to wait until they know whether their injuries are serious enough to seek legal representation. The sooner you get an attorney, however, the better. Make sure you find an knowledgeable personal injury attorney that has experience dealing with insurance companies.

5. It is not too late.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.