I had a car accident 2 months ago and never hired a lawyer, am I too late to do so now?

Asked about 3 years ago - Lynwood, CA

I had a car accident on 3/19 but there was no mayor injuries, but bruises and soreness. I went to my general dr to get checked to be on the safe side and got prescribed anti inflamatory meds. I returned to my Dr. a month after, when a bruise I had on my knee caused by the accident was not going away and is still not gone away now. That day, my Dr. sent me to get X rays, the results came back with some minor space narrowing on the neck bone and so my dr sent me to physical therapy. My Dr then told me that this may cause some numbness which I've been experiencing. Now that I went to the therapist, I'm being asked if I hired a lawyer as I may not get all my medical expenses paid for now since It's been 2 months since the accident and the insurance may not see my injuries as real.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It's not too late.

    Click on the name or picture of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click... more
  2. Jeffrey Mark Adams

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You have time. It would be prudent to seek out a (free) consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible.

  3. Jeffrey T. McGuire

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . See a personal injury attorney asap. It should not be too late.

    This response does not create an ongoing duty to respond to questions, nor does it form an attorney-client... more
  4. Ross Tyson Mutrux

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . You always have time as long as you are within your state's statute of limitations. It is quite common for accident victims to wait until they know whether their injuries are serious enough to seek legal representation. The sooner you get an attorney, however, the better. Make sure you find an knowledgeable personal injury attorney that has experience dealing with insurance companies.

  5. Lars A. Lundeen


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . It is not too late.You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on Avvo.com dealing with many of the issues you are now facing.

    Legal Disclaimer:

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

    Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,785 answers this week

2,947 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,785 answers this week

2,947 attorneys answering