I had a car accident a passenger with me is ilegal in this country he is trying to sue me.. would i be in trouble?

Wallington, NJ |

it was a hit n run

He wouldn't; but you could be, if you're the runner...

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

Turn the matter over to your insurance carrier.

You should immediately consult with a local attorney and put your insurance company on notice. You should be careful about being too forthcoming in terms of your knowledge of your passenger's status, if indeed you knew he was here illegally. Your insurance company will most likely resolve the matter, and you have a duty to cooperate with them, but again, you should immediately consult with an attorney in your area.

You are supposed to report accidents. The fact that your passenger has undocumented status is irrelevant.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Simply turn it over to your insurance company, and they will resolve it.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

The fact that your passenger is an illegal alien does not create any issues for you or make you "in trouble". NJ Courts have held that the fact that someone is illegal does not affect their right to be compensated for their injuries.
However, you must be truthful with your insurance company and the police. Any statements which are dishonest or misleading subject you to potential problems.

If someone makes a claim against you, make sure to cooperate with your insurance compnay and advise them of the claim. That is why you have insurance, to handle such claims.