I had a biopsy of my ovary. The doctor said it needed to be removed. Surgery was scheduled for 3 weeks later. The surgeon looked

Asked over 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

at my ovaries and saw cancer cells on other organs . She closed , e up and told me to go see an oncologist . Do I have a case of misdiagnoses when the ovary was biopsied ?

1. Larry Van Roberts

Pro

4

Answered . You don't know if you have a case until a doctor reviews your records and the facts to determine if there was a deviation from the standard of care. Contact a medical malpractice attorney immediately. Good look and my thoughts are with you.

Pro

4

Answered . I don't see where the misdiagnosis was. The doctor wanted to remove the ovary because it was cancerous, and saw the mets to other organs, and it was beyond the scope of his specialty. Go see the oncologist, and the oncologist can tell you whether he thinks the doctor did something wrong. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Kevin Coluccio

3

Answered . You need to talk with a medical malpractice attorney . You would have to establish that any malpractice caused damages, that would not have otherwise occurred.

4. George Costas Andriotis

3

Answered . Consult a medical malpractice attorney to review your records but you must prove the misdiagnosis, if therein fact was one, resulted in additional damages by delaying treatment.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  5. Daniel Joseph Miller

1

Answered . There are many issues to a malpractice case, and even more when it comes to misdiagnosis, including whether the result was any different had the breach not occurred. You need to speak with a medical malpractice attorney in Maryland to sort out the facts and the records.

The Law Offices of Daniel J. Miller, LLC
    410-LAW-FIRM