I had a 50B put on a individual Friday..and on the same day I went to the magistrates officer to issue an assault charge.I

Greensboro, NC |

Spoke to the sherriffs dept. and they said he was not at work or home but called him he said he would be back in town Sunday. The assault charge was meant to be a arrest warrant..but the sheriffs dept.said it was just a summon. Not a active arrest warrant. This man is dangerous to me. How can I make the assault charge change...he needs to be arrested

If a Judge issued and ex parte domestic violence protective order, a violation would result in a class A-1 misdemeanor which is punishable by up to 150 days in jail. The magistrate has discretion in issuing an arrest warrant rather than a criminal summons. Typically if there is a domestic violence allegation, a warrant is issued. If there is in fact a warrant, he will be given a bond within 48 hours. The DVPO will stay in effect and most likely there will also be a not contact order as part of the terms and conditions of his release.