I had 3 dui's the last one was 20 years ago. If I can get the state to agree to wet reckless. can i get a baid w/out sos knowing

Romeoville, IL |

I am already in treatment before my first court date. Attending AA and have had a clean driving record for 10 years. I'd be willing to do up to 2 weeks in jail any fine amount and any length probation. Also put a Baid device in my vehicle as an insurance policy for the prosecutor. What are the chances I can have my lawyer get this plea deal on reckless instead of dui? I did not blow.

1. They have to report it to the Secretary of State, if you have a DUI conviction. Yet, if amended to a reckless driving it still becomes a part of your driving record as reckless driving. BAAID I think has to be installed only in connection to any DUI plea not reckless driving.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

2. You should be eligible for a BAID for your summary suspension if no DUI's within past 5 years. As for the DUI itself, getting it reduced to a reckless depends on many factors, the greatest of which is how strong the State thinks their case is. With your backrgound, it is unlikely it will be offered unless they think it's a weak case. Consult with an experienced attorney who can advise you of your rights and possible outcomes.

Good Luck.

3. You will be eligible for the BAIID if there are no convictions within the past 5 years. However, this will only be a limited fix available to you while your case is going on. This is due to the fact that if you are unable to get your charges lowered to reckless or dismissed, with your background, a new DUI conviction will result in your license being revoked. Further, the SOS will not permit reinstatement if you have a 4th DUI conviction, making it unlikely that you will ever drive again. The best thing you can do at this point is not speculate on what the prosecutors may or may not do in your case, rather, hire a qualifed DUI attorney immediately.

4. If you attorney can get you a reckelss driving, your license should not get revoked although you will have the Summary Suspension to deal with As for the BAIID, you can get one without the SOS knowing if it is part of a plea agreeement. You must contact the BAIID companys to have it privately installed and send their complaince reports to the court instead of the SOS.

DUI topics