I had 3 dui's the last one was 20 years ago. If I can get the state to agree to wet reckless. can i get a baid w/out sos knowing

Asked about 3 years ago - Romeoville, IL

I am already in treatment before my first court date. Attending AA and have had a clean driving record for 10 years. I'd be willing to do up to 2 weeks in jail any fine amount and any length probation. Also put a Baid device in my vehicle as an insurance policy for the prosecutor. What are the chances I can have my lawyer get this plea deal on reckless instead of dui? I did not blow.

1. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . They have to report it to the Secretary of State, if you have a DUI conviction. Yet, if amended to a reckless driving it still becomes a part of your driving record as reckless driving. BAAID I think has to be installed only in connection to any DUI plea not reckless driving.

2. Eric T. Perry

1

Answered . You should be eligible for a BAID for your summary suspension if no DUI's within past 5 years. As for the DUI itself, getting it reduced to a reckless depends on many factors, the greatest of which is how strong the State thinks their case is. With your backrgound, it is unlikely it will be offered unless they think it's a weak case. Consult with an experienced attorney who can advise you of your rights and possible outcomes.

Good Luck.

3. Jason Alan Ott

1

Answered . You will be eligible for the BAIID if there are no convictions within the past 5 years. However, this will only be a limited fix available to you while your case is going on. This is due to the fact that if you are unable to get your charges lowered to reckless or dismissed, with your background, a new DUI conviction will result in your license being revoked. Further, the SOS will not permit reinstatement if you have a 4th DUI conviction, making it unlikely that you will ever drive again. The best thing you can do at this point is not speculate on what the prosecutors may or may not do in your case, rather, hire a qualifed DUI attorney immediately.

4. David J. Winer

1

Answered . If you attorney can get you a reckelss driving, your license should not get revoked although you will have the Summary Suspension to deal with As for the BAIID, you can get one without the SOS knowing if it is part of a plea agreeement. You must contact the BAIID companys to have it privately installed and send their complaince reports to the court instead of the SOS.