I had 2 brain surgerys years before a car accident involving whiplash injuries to my head, neck and shoulder,as a result I have

bad headaches neck pain and my vision has changed since the accident I cannot read and hear good and read small print like I could before. I already hired a lawyer but do I need to get some information from a brain injury lawyer because I think I would be more likely to be injuried long term than a person who is injured in car accident who does'nt have prior head injuries.

Nashville, TN -

Tamara Kluger Jacobson

Tamara Kluger Jacobson

Personal Injury Lawyer - New Orleans, LA

It may not be a specialized brain injury attorney that you need, but the proper physician who can document the injuries that you believe you have. Any attorney who has a primary personal injury practice should be able to interpret such a report.

Michael Ian Rott

Michael Ian Rott

Class Action Attorney - San Diego, CA

The neurosurgeon who performed the 2-brain surgeries should be able to parcel out the disability, symptomology and whatever other issues you were experiencing prior to your car accident and give an opinion as to how the car accident has harmed you. This will assist your lawyer in handling your case. See how that goes before deciding to look for another lawyer.

Sincerely,

HIDEN, ROTT & OERTLE, LLP

Michael Rott

Daniel Paul Buttafuoco

Daniel Paul Buttafuoco

Personal Injury Lawyer - Woodbury, NY

I agree with the other attorneys

Nathaniel C Fick Jr

Nathaniel C Fick Jr

Brain Injury Lawyer - Baltimore, MD

There is a reality to the compounding effect of repeated concussive injuries to the brain. Much more important than any lawyer's involvement is getting proper care. Life is long, and cognitive health requires very specialized evaluation and care. Whether there in Tennessee or elsewhere, you should find an actual program which routinely deals with traumatic brain injury.
If there is some actual basis for a legal case, it is also important that you have your lawyer let you know the plan for moving forward.

Andrew Daniel Myers

Andrew Daniel Myers

Personal Injury Lawyer - North Andover, MA

The key to proving damages in cases like this is to have clear medical documentation establishing whether or not each symptom was caused by the accident, or whether the accident was a substantial factor in aggravating a preexisting injury. Two guides:

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/personal-i...

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rutland, VT

Since you are currently represented by an attorney, it would not be appropriate or ethical for attorneys here on Avvo.com to give you specific legal advice concerning your case.

You should arrange a face-to-face meeting with your attorney and discuss these troubling issues. You may find that you need to be seen by a neuropsychologist or other medical professional who can assist your attorney in developing a TBI claim. Speak with your attorney.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.