I had 1 DUI then i got revoked after i violated my probation,what do i need to do to prepare for the hearing

Asked almost 2 years ago - Georgetown, IL

Should I hire a lawyer? If so, what is the normal cost for that?

1. Ted Harvatin

Pro

11

Answered . What paperwork do you need? What questions will you be asked? Formal or informal hearing? Which evaluator is best? You have no idea. A lawyer who has attended thousands of hearings would know.

2. Judy A. Goldstein

9

Answered . You need a lawyer for best results. The cost will depend upon what the lawyer charges you. Lawyers set their own fees.

3. Harold L. Wallin

Pro

9

Answered . Yes, I highly recommend that you have legal counsel before seeking reinstatement of your license. You don't want to start providing documents and answering questions that will remain in your permanent Secretary of State file until you have consulted with an attorney. I recently wrote a blog post about this, which I will link to below.

4. Brandon Kenneth Davis

Pro

8

Answered . Yes, you should hire a lawyer - the process is complex and denial rates are high. Your other questions are too difficult to answer without more information. You must consult an attorney who concentrates in administrative hearings before the Illinois Secretary of State to review your record, discuss specifics, and then quote you a fee. Many of us offer free consultations. More specific information on the Secretary of State hearing process is available at the links provided below.

5. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

9

Answered . Hire a lawyer! Costs vary so seek a few consultations. Keep in mind, however, the old adage "you get what you pay for". Good luck.