I got sun cancer because of a job

Union City, TN |

I was forced to work 12 to 16 hour days in the sun and threaten to be fired if I did,nt work 7 days a week for weeks at a time with out any time off

1. Interesting question. You would have to demonstrate that the cancer arose during the course and scope of your employment and not from some other source. I woukd recommend that you consult with an attorney ASAP.

2. You do have a Workers' Compensation claim. Your employer can require you to work under ANY conditions they choose. You have the option of quitting.

You should hire a WC attorney to assist.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: CJCandiano@CandianoLaw.com http://www.CandianoLaw.com

3. This claim will be denied by the ins co so you need to get a workers compensation atty to assist right from the start

4. You got skin cancer because you failed to use sunscreen and/or a hat to protet yourself. You can also ask a Dermatologist/Oncologist about the latency (development time) for skin cancer. With a general latency of 20-30 years, you current employer may have a decent argument that your current cancer has developed from your sun-worshiping days in High School.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.