I got sun cancer because of a job

I was forced to work 12 to 16 hour days in the sun and threaten to be fired if I did,nt work 7 days a week for weeks at a time with out any time off

Union City, TN -

John Jay Clark

John Jay Clark

Personal Injury Lawyer - Nashville, TN

Interesting question. You would have to demonstrate that the cancer arose during the course and scope of your employment and not from some other source. I woukd recommend that you consult with an attorney ASAP.

Sponsored Listing
Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Chicago, IL

You do have a Workers' Compensation claim. Your employer can require you to work under ANY conditions they choose. You have the option of quitting.

You should hire a WC attorney to assist.

John M Connell

John M Connell

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Englewood, CO

This claim will be denied by the ins co so you need to get a workers compensation atty to assist right from the start

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Orange, CA

You got skin cancer because you failed to use sunscreen and/or a hat to protet yourself. You can also ask a Dermatologist/Oncologist about the latency (development time) for skin cancer. With a general latency of 20-30 years, you current employer may have a decent argument that your current cancer has developed from your sun-worshiping days in High School.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.