I got sun cancer because of a job

Asked 11 months ago - Union City, TN

I was forced to work 12 to 16 hour days in the sun and threaten to be fired if I did,nt work 7 days a week for weeks at a time with out any time off

1. John Jay Clark

2

Answered . Interesting question. You would have to demonstrate that the cancer arose during the course and scope of your employment and not from some other source. I woukd recommend that you consult with an attorney ASAP.

2. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

1

Answered . You do have a Workers' Compensation claim. Your employer can require you to work under ANY conditions they choose. You have the option of quitting.

You should hire a WC attorney to assist.

3. John M Connell

Pro

1

Answered . This claim will be denied by the ins co so you need to get a workers compensation atty to assist right from the start

4. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

1

Answered . You got skin cancer because you failed to use sunscreen and/or a hat to protet yourself. You can also ask a Dermatologist/Oncologist about the latency (development time) for skin cancer. With a general latency of 20-30 years, you current employer may have a decent argument that your current cancer has developed from your sun-worshiping days in High School.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.