Skip to main content

I got stopped twice in a month for owi, one occasion was because i was speeding, I was slapped with three tickets!

Wausau, WI |

The last owi I was charged with was running a stop sign, what should I do?

Attorney Answers 2


Citations alone are not the indicators of any alleged violation, they are just allegations to be proven in court.
Be at it may, I would recommend meeting with a traffic attorney in your area to devise a reasonable plan to deal with the pending case. To my knowledge each jurisdiction has its particular procedural nuances and you will benefit by having an experienced attorney familiar with that locale to represent your legal interests.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


In addition to immediately consulting competent defense counsel as suggested, you should also stop drinking and driving. Completing an AODA assessment and commencing any recommended education or treatment would be a good idea as well.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics