I got sexually harassed over facebook by my employer

Dallas, GA |

my boss asked me to have a baby with him over facebook i got in contact with his general manager and the told me that they were not going to do anything because somebody hacked his facebook i feel real uncomfortable working there and i got to find a new job because i dont want to work with him

1. Consult with a local reputable employment attorney. Depending on how long you worked there, you may or may not have a strong case because the attorney will have to assess what your monetary damages would be. If you feel that you cannot work there again, then you should start looking for other work.

Mr. Tucker is licensed to practice law in Washington and Kentucky. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Tucker strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. less

Mr. Tucker is licensed to practice law in Washington and Kentucky. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Tucker strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

2. Unclear whether you have a legal cause of action on these facts. My advice would be to press on and continue to contact management. Definitely document every awkward correspondence from this person. Down the line you may want to assess your options with a local attorney or EEOC.gov

**Was this Answer helpful? Please click to give the Answer a Helpful Vote or make it the Best Answer! ***This Reply is intended to be helpful to the Asker and the Avvo Community, but it does not constitute legal advice and does not create any attorney-client relationship. The Asker of the Question is urged to seek the advice of a professional in the area in question before taking any action.

3. There is no way to conclude you have a strong case, or any case, or any damages even if you did. First, obviously your post indicates there is a question of whether or not the boss even wrote the comments. If it is an isolated incident and no real evidence he posted it (beyond possibly very expensive computer forensics), realistically you would have a longshot case. In addition, even if he did post it, as rude and distasteful as it appears, isolated incidents often don't give rise to strong legal claims. Again, you only mention a single incident. Often the best option is to find a new job.