I got sentenced 13 days for my 2nd DUI , how much time will I actually do in LA county

Asked over 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

3 days for the minimum 2nd DUI and 10 for driving on a suspended licsense

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

7

Answered . There have been instances where you get out almost immediately. I would suspect maybe a couple of days at most. The county jail is over crowded.

Andrew Roberts

2. Robert Laurens Driessen

6

Answered . This is going to be anywhere from a quick book and release to a few days in custody. I would plan on it being about 2-4 days but it can be far less.
    Robert Driessen

3. Tai Christopher Bogan

Pro

4

Answered . I don't practice in LA County but the minimum for a 2nd DUI within 10 years is 10 days. If they are giving you - then thats seems pretty good.

How much actual time depends on too many factors to give you a specific amount of time. Expect to do 1/2. If you get out early then be happy.

The above information does not establish an attorney client relationship nor is it meant to provide legal advice.
  4. Jon Martin Pettis

2

Answered . If your offense was after October of last year and the sentences were run concurrent, then you will do a maximum of 7 days in jail. If it was before October, it will be a maximum of 9 days in jail. There is no way to know the minimum, in Los Angeles especially, the jails are so overcrowded, you could be booked in and released hours later.