I Got ripped off by an AC company what kind of attorney do I need in Florida?

Asked about 2 years ago - Venice, FL

I paid $11K for new system and ductwork over the last year. $6500 last year for new system. I called to get my yearly maintence done and was told they went out of business. They said I need new ductwork. I got it done because he said my health and my childrens health were in danger.Then after they installed the air supply ducts only I find out that the owner is actually the owner of the old company. They 1st company didn't replace the duct work and we asked them if it needed done they said no. Then when I get my maintenence done all of a sudden I need it? They have been lying since day one. It's been over a month and a half and they still arent done. They said they have fired 3 people because of this job. I wrote a letter of demand and they came to the house. Just want this to be done.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Aaron Behar Thalwitzer

    Contributor Level 4

    Answered . I would hire a civil litigator, preferably someone with experience dealing with contractors and business law. I know you already wrote a demand letter, but sometimes an attorney's letterhead makes all the difference. Other times, you simply need to file a lawsuit to get things moving.

    If this doesn't answer your question, feel free to visit my website for more information: www.legalteamusa.com.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,791 answers this week

3,096 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,791 answers this week

3,096 attorneys answering