I got ripped off by a seller that concealed material flaws in a used item. Do I have any recourse?

Marietta, GA |

I recently purchased a "farm implement" for $1,000. It turns out the seller had repaired it internally an represented it "in good shape". Under receipt and dis-assembly, the flaw, and missing parts, were found. Cost to repair is approx. $900. Is small claims court my only recourse or is there something more criminal involved here. All I want is to be made whole.

The Magistrate Court in Cobb county is your best option. There is misrepresentation but if you signed "as is" documents, your chances of success are minimal.

Good luck

Hassan Elkhalil

Thank you. Item was purchased from a Florida seller posted on Craigslist. No bill of sale and no documentation of condition. Does the lack of documentation make things harder or easier?

Hassan Hussein Elkhalil

Hassan Hussein Elkhalil

Harder. Now if you have to sue, it will be in Florida where the defendant lives!