I got pulled over and searched illegally. What actions should I take upon these officers?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chatham, IL

I got pulled over and was asked for my dl and insurance, but as I was giving it to him the other police officer open up my passenger door for no apperant reason saying he couldn't see in my car.(1st violation). Then he asked me to get out my car and go to the back of the car. they searched me and then ask to search my car, I said "no". He searched anyway and found sum illegal stuff. I went to jail and got my car tooken. What can I do?

1. Judy A. Goldstein

1

1

Answered . The answer to your question is simple: Hire a lawyer. You have decided the search was illegal but you have not furnished enough information for any lawyer here to agree or disagree with you concerning whether the search was illegal. You should discuss the details of this stop with your lawyer - in private. Do not mention any more details in this or any other public forum.

2. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

1

1

Answered . The first priority is to address the current charges. Whether a motion to quash the arrest or to suppress or a combination motion should be researched and filed is a decision that you and your lawyer should focus on.

Consult and retain an experienced criminal defense attorney ASAP.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

Answered . All the answers you got and comments you made point to one thing--you need criminal defense attorney immediately.