I got pulled over and he said I was going 83 in a 45 and gave me a ticket for speeding and careless driving. What do I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Hightstown, NJ

I'm also 17 years old and my court date is two days after my birthday.

1. Mark M Cheser

3

Answered . This is a 5 point ticket and may end with a suspension. Get an experienced criminal defesne attorney.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

4

Answered . You need a lawyer. Get one quick

3. Sami Ziad Azhari

Pro

3

Answered . You need to consult with an attorney regarding New Jersey speeding statutes. In Illinois, speeding in excess of 30 miles per hour a Class B Misdemeanor with a penalty of up to six months in jail and a fine of $1,500, but you would be eligible for a finding of court supervision, which is not a conviction and does not impact your insurance rates. Given the high rate of speed, you may not be facing a simple petty offense.

4. Matthew C Simon

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Get a lawyer. It will be well worth it in the long run. Many attorneys, such as myself, offer free 30 minute consultations.

5. Jeffrey Anthony Skiendziul

Answered . Either apply for the public defender or retain the services of a private attorney to represent you in this legal matter. You are facing many points and the possibility of a suspended license. Do this before your next scheduled court appearance.

One or more answers have been taken down.