I got pulled over, and received a DUI. I had to get out of the car and do a pin test, and I passed. He took my license.

Beaumont, TX |

My first ticket ever. First crime. He pulled me over but said I was okay to drive and then took my license. No alcohol was in the car either.

1. If you are under 21 it is illegal to consume alcohol. This means the officer can charge you with DUI if there is any detectable amount of alcohol in your system (your breath smelled like alcohol, you blew a .03, you admitted drinking, etc.). Even though it's just a ticket, it can have long term consequences on your record. Hire a ticket attorney. They will know how to prevent a conviction and get the case expunged completely.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. A DUI has nothing to do with your ability to drive. If you are too intoxicated to drive, then you will be charged with a DWI, not a DUI. Zero tolerance is simple-any alcohol in a driver is a violation. Good that you did not get intoxicated, but you might as well recognize that you can't drive and drink alcohol in today's society-at least until you are over 21 - and probably not then. Consult with an experienced DWI attorney.

3. If you're under 21 there is a zero tolerance policy for alcohol. Give the longer term consequences of an alcohol related offense you need an experienced attorney.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    Austin DWI Attorney
    512-495-1813
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

DUI topics