I got property manager complaint and warning. If I receive another warning- they will evict me.

Tarzana, CA |

I live in beautiful but poorly designed complex. My patio is connected to the property's garden and it makes it very easy for my 3 year old child to climb and be on the lawn. I hate when it happens and try teaching her not to do this. She climbed up and I had to climb right after her to bring her back. My neighbor ( who doesn't have kids) made a complaint against me and the manager said if I get another complain I will get evicted. I do not do this on purpose and this is my 3 year old child who is so attracted to blooming roses there. I am a single mom, who doesn't party or smoke in my apartment. Now I receive a warning that has a lot to do with my child? If this happens again- what should I do? Just leave her there so I dont get another warning again? Accidents happen for god sake! WOW

1. A landlord (or property manager working for the landlord) has a duty to ensure quiet enjoyment for all tenants. If you are current in paying rent, it is unlikely you will actually be evicted unless the landlord can prove you breached a covenant in your lease or rental agreement, which is pretty difficult to do.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This Avvo.com posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.

Landlord-tenant law topics