I got pregnant at 17 by a 15 year old I just turned 18 in Feb and he turns 16 May 14 can i go to jail for having his baby ?

Asked over 2 years ago - Ocala, FL

He is in dcf custody so theya rent letting him see me & they want him to have nothing to do with his baby

1. John Skyler Riordan

Answered . Under the Florida Romeo and Juliet Law you are NOT committing a crime as long as sex is consensual and can safely has his baby. The law says as long as the sex is consensual and the age difference is notmmoremthan 4 years, you are ok.

2. Craig A. Epifanio

Answered . Yes it would be possible that you could go to jail. Although you may qualify in avoiding the sex offender registration for life due to the Romeo and Juliet law in Florida, you could still be charged with having sex with a minor. Since he was 15 at the time, he could not legally consent. You could be charged with lewd and lascivious conduct on certain minors, which is a second degree felony punishable by up to 15 years prison. Of course, staying on good terms with both sets of parents will go a long way in avoiding you getting into trouble.