I got pregnant at 16 by my 20 yr old boyfriend im now 17 and he's 21 if we move in together would he get in trouble for anything

Asked 11 months ago - Houston, TX

my parents knew about my pregnancy but i dont really think they'll approve of me moving out

1. Fran Brochstein

3

Answered . You are a minor under Texas law. You cannot move out without your parent's permission.
    Being pregnant does not change that fact.
    If you want to emancipate, it costs a lot of money and YOU must be totally self-sufficient. You must have a job where you can fully support yourself. A boyfriend cannot contribute to your being "self-sufficient".

Once you turn 18 you can do anything you want.
    Sorry!

2. Erick Masten Platten

Pro

Answered . Since there is more than a three year age difference between the parties your boyfriend is facing potential criminal charges.

It would be best if your parent would consent to the marriage between the two of you.

Sincerely,

Erick Platten

Platten Law Office

Avvo lawyers donate their time to answer questions on this forum. If one of the answers is helpful to you please indicate so by choosing the best answer or answer as helpful.