I got on a fight with my neighbor what can i do ?

Asked over 2 years ago - Lynwood, CA

on monday i was comming back from the park with my family when my neighbor came up to me and start hitting me i tried to defend myself but my neighbor beat me he started hitting me while i was on the car. i called the police they came (nothing happened) they only told us that we couldnt be near each other. next day i go to the court for an order of restriction order and we got court in 3 more weeks. the neighbor live next to my house he didnt care about the order of restriction. the neighbor mom called my aunt to tell him that his son has friends that he can send for they can beat me up, but my aunt is scare to report that to the police because they might do something to her. can i report that by myself and something is going to happen? and what might happen after court ?

1. Steven Mark Sweat

Pro

3

1

Answered . Get the restraining order issued. If he violates the order, call the police and have him arrested.

2. Frank Marvin Nunes

3

1

Answered . If you were injured seek appropriate medical treatment. There is nothing in your post to indicate you were injured, but you may have a possible civil action for assault. If your neighbor has a homeowner's policy may deny coverage as it is an intentional act.

For now you should seek the restraining order if you have concerns about it happening again. That will help law enforcement protect you if this should happen again in the future.

3. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

3

1

Answered . Of course you should report this to the police. The police can speak with your aunt and confirm what you tell them. I doubt your aunt will refuse to speak with them, especially when you encourage her to help you. I suggest you bring your aunt to your hearing about the restraining order. Have her testify to these additional facts you mentioned above.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

4. Timothy Kent Hobbs II

1

Answered . If you think your neighbor has any assets, it may be worth filing a lawsuit if you were seriously injured.

Hobbs Law Group