I got n400 apppointment interview while im deportation processing

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

i was conditionale green card after 2 years i aplied to remove the condition after one year i applied for n 400 i did the finger print after cople days i recieved letterfrom the immigration its says termination i 751 because my wife sent to the immigration letter to withdraw her support on me .now we applied to reconsider motion and i still waiting fro the decision i recieved letter from the imigration for the n400 interview .my question is do i have to go to the interview on time and explain to the officer my case or i have to cancel the appointment by letter.any good advice plz thanks a lot

1. Javier E Morales

4

Answered . First step is to retain an Attorney to help you through this complicated process do not do this on your own.

2. Tracie Lynn Klinke

Pro

5

Answered . This is a very complicated situation, and I agree with my colleague that the sooner you hire and attorney, the better. I would not miss the interview, but I would want you to go with representation so your case is explained in the clearest way possible. It is extremely likely that the interview won't proceed as planned, but it will look better for you if you don't just skip out of the interview.

This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  3. Haroen Calehr

Pro

4

Answered . I would go anyway to show good faith although they will not adjudicate the case. They may reschedule the case or hold in abeyance awaiting the outcome of your conditional removal. If your marriage is no longer viable then you must get divorced and file for a waiver I-751. They may interview you and later if approved they will deny your N-400 since you applied based on marriage. Later after getting permanent GC and having been an LPR for 5 years you can reapply for the N-400. If the I-751 gets denied they may send your file to court called an NTA-Notice to Appear for deportation proceedings but you get a second bite at the apple to proof your I-751 waiver case called de novo (anew). But in order to proof a waiver I-751 you need to have a final divorce decree in hand and also proof your marriage was bona fide from the outset of legitimate and done for the right reasons not to obtain an immigration benefit. Good luck.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . When were you thinking of hiring an attorney?

I suggest ... tomorrow.

This is too complicated for you to try to figure things out on your own.

NOTE: If you are low income go here: www.justice.gov/eoir/probono/states.htm or http://www.immigrationlawhelp.org/