I GOT MY WORKING PERMIT SATURDAY I WENT TO SS OFFICE TO GET MY SSN , BUT THEY SAID THEY CANT VERIFY ME , IS IT NORMAL?

Linden, NJ |

i went to social security office for my social , they said that immigration did send anything they cant verify so i have to ccme back or they will send a verification but it gonna take 4 to 8 weeks before they mailed my ssn, i dont know if i have to call usci or wait 2 days and go again i got my working permit saturday

1. SS Number is usually issued at birth. Very elaborate points system to prove id now. Do what they tell you to do. Saves time in long run.

The content of the this submission is intended to provide general information on the topic presented, and is offered with the understanding that the author is not rendering any legal or professional services or advice. This submission is not a substitute for legal advice. Should you require such services, retain competent legal counsel.

2. Try calling USCI. Possibly consider contacting an Immigration lawyer for advice.

Any answers or information provided is for general information purposes only and is not intended to be a legal opinion, legal advice or a complete discussion of the legal issues. This is not intended to create a attorney-client relationship. Each individual's situation is different and you should seek independent legal advice from an attorney familiar with the laws of your state for specific information.

Social security topics