Skip to main content

I got my social security # but don't have my visa i got a felony conviction . Is it possible to get my visa .

Taft, CA |

i never got deported after being release . how do i know my social security is still good

Attorney Answers 3


Your social security number is yours for life. Even after you die, your social security number is not assigned to someone else. You can always go to the social security administration office in your area and ask for a replacement social security card. (That way you can be assured that you still have a valid social security number.)

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I would recommend consulting wit an immigration attorney for a more complete answer to your question. I've taken the liberty of editing the category for you.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, including the court disposition and the charging documents, in order to advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics