I got my I-485 , proved Today .and we found out my son 5 years old couldn't get Greencard with me.

Asked about 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

My son came to US with VWP with me. And it's been 2 years. I finally got proved for mine. I didnt know i have to aaply for himself. I haven't apply yet. But we have to go back to my country for emergency as soon as possible .is it anything I can do for him ? Do u think I can apply just I -131. Before i leave. But i cannot wait for to prove. And can I apply I -485 from my country. And He doesn't have to comeback to US till he get visa. We not rush to comeback to US. Please help us with this situation .

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Talk to an immigration lawyer in person.

2. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

4

Answered . Your son will have to consular process. If at the time of his birth, one of the parents was a US citizen, he may have even acquired citizenship at birth!!! I suggest that you hire an experienced immigration attorney.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

5

Answered . You can apply for him from your home countey. Next time hire an attorney to help you

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . You can apply for him through the US consulate in your home country. Make sure to hire an immigration lawyer to help you in order not to repeat the same mistakes again.

5. Shahzad Ahmed

2

Answered . Dear Sir or Madam, please have your case fully evaluated via an experienced immigration attorney. We wouldn't want your son to be barred due to any departure based upon unlawful presence. So an attorney needs to review the facts more specifically to advise you properly. best regards,

6. Nicolas Andres Olano

Pro

1

Answered . Your son violated his visa waiver period. He has to get a visa before coming back if he leaves. Also he has to get an immigrant petition filed and approved before he can come back. You can apply for the I-130 before you leave and wait for it to be approved before he comes back. Be careful with your residence, you should not stay out of the country more than six months.

7. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

1

Answered . You do not indicate the basis for your visa petition. Is your son eligible as a direct beneficiary from a petition by a US citizen or a derivative beneficiary of you. Also your son because of his age does not accumulate unlawful presence and may be eligible for visitor visa if you are able to convince the US consulate that he will return abroad for immigrant visa processing.