I got my Green card via marriage, now divorced will i be eligible for Naturalization?

Eugene, OR |
Filed under: Divorce Immigration

I was married for 6.5 years and have a wonderful child. The divorce happened almost 5 years ago and since then i have left the country twice once for 10 months. i have not committed any crime other than 1 speeding ticket and 2 parking tickets (i didnt feed the meter on time) what are my chances? Should i even attempt applying for naturalization?
I have seen in some posts that it is not necessary to include speeding ticket as a crime committed is this true?
I will appreciate any response....

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Then 10 month absence may become an issue. You need to consult with competent counsel before you prematurely file.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Recommended articles about Divorce