I got my green card in 2006. Then I frequented u.s for short stays, settled here in Dec 2009 . Can I apply for citizenship

Asked 9 months ago - Centreville, VA

Since Dec 2009, I have left U.S three times and each time for one month every year.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Pablo Husayn Nossa

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It would appear so. Your may have some problems with your continuous residence though. Consult an immigration lawyer to ascertain whether or not you have abandonment issues.

    The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,001 answers this week

2,769 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,001 answers this week

2,769 attorneys answering