I got my first dui in 06 I got my second last year my attorney says that will be dropped.i got another dui a month a go.

Denver, CO |

Im wondering if i was on pre trial will my bond be revoked when i go to court? is it possable to get probation or do i have to do jail time and how much jail will i get or is house arrest possable? never been i trouble in my life except for these charges.

1. You have to run this by your attorney.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

2. Why not ask your attorney these questions? I'm curious as to your case from last year is going to be dropped, but hasn't been already?

You are in a boatload of trouble. If convicted on both the pending cases you can guarantee that you will be doing some significant jail time .

Yes you have violated your bond and PTS and should have been revoked already.

You need to consider doing treatment for what appears to be a serious alcohol problem. The more mitigation you do, the more you help your attorney negotiate on your behalf.

The Orr Law Firm, L.L.C - 303-818-2448 - Is Colorado's Premier DUI and Criminal Traffic Defense Law Firm. Rhidian Orr is the senior partner and owner of the firm and focuses his practice exclusively to DUI and criminal traffic matters in the state of Colorado. His decision to answer your questions does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. The Orr Law Firm offers FREE Consultations and we encourage that you contact his firm to discuss your case in more detail.

3. Why aren't you talking to your attorney about this?? You pick up three DUIs in the past 7 years? Even if one gets dismissed as you state, you are looking at two years of probation, alcohol classes, UPS, and some significant jail - 90 days is the presumptive amount, although the judge can suspend some of that.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice. Mr. Leroi answers questions on Avvo because he strongly believes in public service from his years as a judge, magistrate, and prosecutor. If you need to ask any follow up questions because my answer did not fully address your question, feel free to call Chris or post an additional question. Thank you.

4. It clearly sounds like you have some "issue" with alcohol. If I were your attorney, to minimize or eliminate any potential jail time I would suggest that you immediately (if you haven't done so already) begin counseling/treatment/therapy to address your alcohol consumption issue. By doing that it will assist your attorney in minimizing that potential for jail time.

William Daley (619) 238-1905 / www.lawofficeofwilliamdaley.com

5. Talk to your attorney.
    Stop posting on line.
    Stop drinking and driving.
    Better yet, just stop drinking.

6. For heaven's sake, stop drinking!

This posting is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. For more information, please visit www.justinelderlaw.com.

DUI topics