I got my EAD recently from my marriage petition. I have not yet gotten my US license. Interview coming up.

Miami, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

In our upcoming interview I am aware that we have to show identification. I have not yet gotten my USA drivers license. What type of issues will I encounter at the interview without it? I am in no rush to get it althought I been to the dmv twice for it but didn't have sufficient paperwork.

1. You should bring your foreign passport and your EAD to the interview. You are not required to have a drivers' license.

2. It would be nice if you have it but your passport and I-94 card are the key documents in so far as your identification is concerned. Apply for a state ID first if you have difficulty getting your DL for now. The home address of both you and your US citizen husband being the same on the DL and your ID will help but again its not absolutely necessary. Also you may have to show your EAD but unlikely. Good luck.

3. You do not need to bring a drivers license to the interview. Just bring originals of all supporting documents submitted with your application.