I got my DACA approved and I am engaged and we are planning. To get married through the court this Dec. What do I need to know?

Asked over 1 year ago - El Paso, TX

What steps would I need to do after that? How much does the process to get a green card cost?

1. Haroen Calehr

Pro

3

Answered . Well is she a US Citizen? The green card application fees are $1490. BUT, you cannot just apply even though assuming she is a US citizen your soon to be spouse. There are other steps you would need to take, to be eligible to file here in the US and adjust your status. Its complicated but it can be done with some smart lawyering and utilizing legal available loop holes. I assume you entered the US illegally many years ago? I strongly suggest you hire competent immigration counsel to assist you with your case. We can help and so can other competent colleagues on this site. Let me know if you need assistance. regards.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . You need to consult with an immigration lawyer in the privacy of his/her office. The difference could be being able to apply for your green card here or having to leave the country and apply for consular processing in Ciudad Juarez after the approval of an "extreme hardship" waiver of your inadmissibility to him that your future husband would have to file on your behalf if you are unable to adjust status in the US.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . SLOW DOWN.

Being approved for DACA does NOT qualify you to get a greencard based on marriage to a US citizen.

There are some very complicated steps, and possible waiver requirements, which must be considered.

Schedule an appointment with an immigration attorney before you do anything.