I got my approval on my I360 Application. I did my I 485 and medical but when I checked online it says initial review of I360

Jamaica, NY |

I am a 18yo filinf a VAWA case with my mother. I got a letter saying my I360 Application was approved.It asked me to submit my form I485. I submitted my I 485 and medical but when I checked online it says they received it and the status is initial review of the I360 application. I am confused????? Does this mean that they are starting the case over again???

DId you use the case number from the Notice of Action (NTA) for your I-485? Or the one for your I-360? If you haven't received a NTA for your I-485 yet, you should wait until you receive it and then check online. You can't check on your I-485 application using the case number from your I-360.

If you are using the number from your I-485 NTA, sometimes the online status update system is inaccurate. You should rely on the paper NTAs you receive from USCIS, and not online updates. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

What you could be seeing is the status of I-485 rather than the I360. Also, oftentimes the system makes mistake and the status is not accurate. If you are concerned, try calling the USCIS hotline and check on the status or better yet visit an attorney and have them review your case to make sure everything is in order. Good Luck.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.

I agree with my collegue. The mailed notices from USCIS are more reliable than the online updates. You can always contact an immigration lawyer directly, whether myself or one of my colleagues, and have them review your documents. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

They are not starting over. Sometimes the written and online information are not synchronized. Rely on the notice you received.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail:; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site:

Recommended articles about Immigration