I got my approval on my I360 Application. I did my I 485 and medical but when I checked online it says initial review of I360

Asked over 1 year ago - Jamaica, NY

I am a 18yo filinf a VAWA case with my mother. I got a letter saying my I360 Application was approved.It asked me to submit my form I485. I submitted my I 485 and medical but when I checked online it says they received it and the status is initial review of the I360 application. I am confused????? Does this mean that they are starting the case over again???

1. Kristina A. Gasson

5

Answered . DId you use the case number from the Notice of Action (NTA) for your I-485? Or the one for your I-360? If you haven't received a NTA for your I-485 yet, you should wait until you receive it and then check online. You can't check on your I-485 application using the case number from your I-360.

If you are using the number from your I-485 NTA, sometimes the online status update system is inaccurate. You should rely on the paper NTAs you receive from USCIS, and not online updates.

2. Alice Antonovsky

5

Answered . What you could be seeing is the status of I-485 rather than the I360. Also, oftentimes the system makes mistake and the status is not accurate. If you are concerned, try calling the USCIS hotline and check on the status or better yet visit an attorney and have them review your case to make sure everything is in order. Good Luck.

3. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

4

Answered . They are not starting over. Sometimes the written and online information are not synchronized. Rely on the notice you received.

4. Dean P Murray

3

Answered . I agree with my collegue. The mailed notices from USCIS are more reliable than the online updates. You can always contact an immigration lawyer directly, whether myself or one of my colleagues, and have them review your documents. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700