I got my appointment for my i485! (Got the email notification)

Telford, PA |

Are these appointments based to your closest service center?
Like in my case Philadelphia?

Jurisdiction lies with the place of your residence. So in your case Philly.

Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.

Thank you sir!

Harry Asatrian

Harry Asatrian

Goes by residence. For example, in NY, we have 3 offices (Manhattan, Long Island City and Holtsville) - and its by residence, despite the fact that for example Manhattan may be closer to someone but because they live in a certain area, they would be sent to one of the other offices.

Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.

Your place of residence controls.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics