I got married to my daughters father, while there was an order of protection in place will I get in trouble, he is now arrested

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Domestic violence

he served 4yrs in prison for the domestic violence case with me, I got married to him when he got out because I thought he had changed, he has liver problems, bipolar and couldnt get treatment without insurance, so like a dummy I wanted to help him and add him to my insurance, however the condition was that we would not live together until he got counseling, with time he got mad and his harrassing started, he is now arrested and being charged with harrsement, stalking, residential burglary, violating order of protection.

No, should not be in trouble.
You need to get divorced from this guy,
You need to get counseling from a domestic violence program. There are many in the Chicago area.
Good Luck!

If you found this Answer to be helpful, please mark it as such. Remember, however, free advice is worth every penny you paid for it. This is only generalized commentary on your question. It is not to be taken as legal advice. I am a lawyer – but not your lawyer! Even "in person" interviews leave attorneys with plenty of questions – the Internet makes it crazy! Thank you Chuck Watson 217.544.6165

thank you, yes I am in couseling now thru a my doctor, I should have known better, I will get divorce ASAP.. I was just worried that I would get in trouble trying to help him and even consider not going to court. considered

What is your question? You helped your husband violate the OP. What did you expect?

he served his time for violating the order2yrs ago, he got arrested for going to my job harassing and making threats two weeks ago..i got married to him 2yrs ago..my question is will I get in trouble in court because I married him 2yrs ago get get in trouble in court f

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

No, he will get in trouble for violating the OP. You should never have help him violate it. As Ms. Raddatz said, you need counseling.

Well you are not the defendant. Sounds like you married a real criminal and you need to be talking to a divorce attorney. You really need to get counseling.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Judy A. Goldstein

Judy A. Goldstein

I totally agree. Can you imagine what the father did to her that he spent 4 years in prison for it? Habitual victims are very difficult to help.

he was sentenced 4yrs fo2 counts of violation of order of protection, he kept calling, my job, my cell....

if a person in DV thought straight we wouldnt be in DV!!! yes! I shouldnt have tried to help him!!! im only human, I did NOT help him vilate OP it was his actions and choices !!!! thank you for your rude judgemental comments.