I got marriage with US citizen after my F1 visa expired. Can I apply the marriage Green card?

Asked about 1 year ago - Englewood, NJ

If I can do it, how, where should I start and how much it will cost me? Do I need the lawyer?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Yes, probably, but you did not provide enough facts to tell you more definitively. Contact with an experienced immigration attorney for more information.

2. Patrick Lee Jarrett

5

Best Answer

Answered . Yes you should speak with an experienced immigration lawyer. There are many issues that old arise in an adjustment petition that you may not recognize. An attorney will be able to guide you through the process and recognize any difficulties that may not be very apparent. Congratulations on the marriage. Best wishes.

3. Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Pro

5

Answered . Yes. And...YES!!

4. Nassim Arzani

Pro

4

Answered . Congrats on your wedding...yes your spouse can file for you. Do not attempt to do the process yourself. Hire someone local to do the process for you. One mistake on your part can cause an undue delay in the process. Best of luck!

5. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

2

Answered . Yes it appears you may qualify for a Green Card. This is a complicated application and should be done with an attorney. Good luck.

6. Dean P Murray

Answered . If being able to live and work in the U.S. is important to you, use an immigration lawyer. Permanent Residence is not guaranteed merely because you are now married to a U.S. citizen. I have an office in Englewood Cliffs that may be extremely convenient for you.

7. Eric M. Mark

Pro

Answered . Yes, you most likely can apply for a green card. Yes, you should consult with a lawyer to verify your eligibility and help you with the process. It is much more complicated than just completing a few forms. The filing fee is $1,490. Fees for lawyers vary. Call a few to find one who knows what s/he is doing, is responsive and has a reasonable rate. Do not just hire the cheapest lawyer (or you get what you pay for).

8. Bradley Lawrence Whitney Thomson

Pro

1

Answered . It depends on whether the attorney charges a flat fee or fee per hour. I worked in four immigration firms before starting my own and approx. $2,500 seems to be standard rate for the entire process in Michigan. It money well invested if you have a good lawyer...good luck!