I got light rail ticket for not paying fare ,ticket number is not in system

Asked over 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

I got light rail ticket for not paying fare , when I called the contact number after 15 day, told this ticket number is not in the system, what should I do

1. Steven Todd Keppler

2

Answered . Call again in a few days. The ticket will eventually show up in the system. In the meantime, create a log indicating that you called on Day X at X:XX and were told by YYY the ticket wasn't in the system. When you call again, log that as well - date, time, who you spoke to, the result of the call. Keep this up until the system has your ticket, or your court date arrives (whichever is sooner). The court date should be on the back of the ticket; if not, call the Jersey City municipal court clerk and ask for assistance.

2. Jeffrey Eric Grabelle

1

Answered . I agree with the previous attorney's post. The ticket will eventually show up in the system. Further, you will at some point receive a court date.

3. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

Answered . Give us a call for a great NJ ticket lawyer that can represent you!