I got let go because I was older (55 years old)

Tempe, AZ |

I was working for a hotel for the last three years as a chef my health inspection score always A
MY FOOD COST VERY LOW ALSO my labor cost was very low too.
I WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR THIS COMPANY
I am 55 years old my boss let me go for no reason at all also my banquet manager got fired he was 51 years old also the previous GM GOT FIRED AND HE WAS 55 YEARS OLD
THE NEW GM IS YOUNG AND HE IS HIRING YOUNGER WORKERS

You may have a valid case for age discrimination, and so might your co-workers who were fired. Are you in communication with your banquet manager and the previous GM? Would they be interested in joining you in a lawsuit against the company? You may want to discuss this possibility with them, and then schedule a consultation with an employment litigation attorney to evaluate the case. My firm, like many others, offers free initial consultations.

It appears that you are describing a pattern of older workers being terminated, but more details are needed in order to give you a thorough assessment of your case. I would urge you to contact an Arizona employment attorney for a consultation. My firm handles such cases. You can also contact the EEOC and file a charge of discrimination.

Recommended articles about Employment