I got kicked from a small startup group. I need to know my rights.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Antonio, TX

Hi. I was a part of a small highschool startup. Most of them are 17's and one is 18 years old. We put a video on kickstarter to raise money and it did ($5000) The thing is i got kicked today for having different views. We did not sign any contracts, but the startup event was hosted by Geekdom, venturelab. Is there any laws protecting my rights?

1. Keith Dewitt Peterson

Pro

1

Answered . More information is needed. No written contract is needed to enforce a contract. Verbal contracts are enforceable, but more difficult to prove. I am reading that only a portion of the $5,000 is your entitlement. The cost to enforce may not be worth the effort.