I got into an accident recently with another driver who had a suspended license. He is now trying to file a claim.

Asked about 1 year ago - Lafayette, IN

A police report was made at the scene that indicated that no one was directly at fault in the accident. He was taken to jail at the time for driving with a suspended license. Will he be able to file a claim through my insurance? I turned in front of him, but he was speeding and in an area with limited visibility.

1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

7

Answered . Suspended license is not a cause of the accident. Turning in front of a vehicle often is. Give your carrier prompt notice.

2. Burton A. Padove

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, he can file a claim. That does not mean that your insurer will consider you at fault and pay the claim. If they consider the other driver to be 50% or more at fault, they will not honor the claim.

Pro

6

Answered . Yes, but simply report the accident to your insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Christopher David Wyant

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, he can file a claim against you and your insurance company. Whether or not he had a valid driver's license at the time of the crash has no bearing on who caused the crash. I would notify your insurance company of the claim if you have not already done so.

5. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

4

Answered . I would consult with a lawyer as it seems the other person is blaming you for the incident b

6. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

2

Answered . Yes. His lack of licensure has no bearing on negligence issues.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.