Skip to main content

I got into an accident and stupidly said it was my fault after talking to my mom i realized that it wasn't.

Winsted, CT |

I never pulled into the intersection I was still out of the line of traffic. She said I blew the light so I thought I did. Thinking back now i know I wasn't wrong. What do I do? The car in front of me went through the light so I started too thinking it was green but I stopped. Now she wants to sue me and I know its not my fault.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Consult a personal injury attorney to investigate the incident and protect your rights if you were injured. If not hire a traffic ticket attorney to fight the ticket.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Report the accident to your insurer, if you haven't already, and they will investigate and defend you if necessary. You can also call a lawyer near you. If you were injured, you definitely want to see a lawyer asap. Good luck


Report the accident your insurance company immediately.

Retain a personal injury attorney immediately.

Secure a copy of the police report.

Good luck

Attorney Bonanno's answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should carefully consider advice from an attorney hired and who has all facts necessary to properly advise a client, which is why these answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.


If you are in an intersectional collision and fail to obey the traffic signal, you may be at fault for an accident. Much depends on the evidence regarding the light and the position of the vehicles in the intersection at impact and immediately prior to the car accident. Witnesses are extremely helpful in these cases. If, however, an admission was made regarding fault and that admission was made to the other driver, wintesses and/or police, it will be difficult to credibly reverse that statement. Call an attorney in the county in which you reside for a car accident consultation.

24 Hour Attorney Call Center (314) 361-4242 or visit us on the Web at


You would want to have a local personal injury lawyer investigate.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer