I got into a car accident, it was the other drivers fault 100‰..A yr in a half later and many tests I asked my lawyer to start

Asked over 1 year ago - Baraboo, WI

To settle. This was 6 months ago. I keep getting the run around with made up exscuses. Example..The hosp wouldnt release my medical reports. I said fine,I will go get them...then all of a sudden the hosp returned the lawyers calls....I think im not getting a lot of money outta this so their dragging feet........am i right? Thanks for any advice you can give!

1. Michael C. Witt

Pro

9

1

Best Answer

Answered . Since your lawyer doesn't get paid until you do, and is spending his or her own money to cover the costs associated with your case, which he or she will also not get back until the case settles, it is unlikely that they are purposefully "dragging feet" on your case. Just because you want your money now doesn't mean the insurance company will suddenly see the light and pay a fair settlement. In fact, if you signal your over-eagerness to them, they may well seek to exploit your impatience, dig in their heels, and low ball you.

2. Andrew Daniel Myers

5

Answered . Give your attorney the benefit of the doubt in that you initially selected them. Call and ask for an appointment and have a heart-to-heart discussion. Getting medical records can be a challenge at times with many providers "outsourcing" this function.

Also, the claims process can take time. Click Blue Link Below For More:

3. Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Pro

4

Answered . It is difficult to determine how much you will get based on the facts provided. You should talk to your lawyer regarding your misgivings and let him explain if he intends to file your case. Best of luck.

Pro

4

Answered . Call your lawyer to discuss. If you are getting the run around, you may switch lawyers at any time.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com