I got into a bad car accident on 6/10/12 a motorcycle and ran into I'm okay but the driver of the motorcycle passed away

Asked about 2 years ago - Calumet City, IL

but the other bad part is neither one of us had insurance and I also got a ticket for failing to yield but I had the right of way, what should I do before my court date on 7/6/12

but the death was ruled an accident

1. Steven Charles Giacoletto

Pro

8

Answered . Plain and simple, hire a criminal defense lawyer from the county where the courthouse is located.

2. Steven Adam Sigmond

5

Answered . You should seek the advice of a criminal defense lawyer rather than an accident attorney. You need to be very careful about what you say and do in traffic court. It might still be possible that additional charges will be filed against you. If you are contacted about a civil suit for damages by an attorney representing the estate, then ask again.

Steven A. Sigmond
    Law Office of Steven A. Sigmond
    345 N. Canal #1208
    Chicago, IL 60606
    (312) 756-1186
    Steve@Siglaw.com

3. Donald John Ramsell

2

Answered . You definitely need a private consult with an attorney

Sent from my Samsung Epicâ„¢ 4G

4. Andrew Ronald Gillin

Pro

2

Answered . You should hire a criminal defense attorney immediately. If you can't afford one consult with the public defender. Good Luck

5. Chantal Claudine Hachem

Answered . Were any drugs or alcohol involved? Either way you need legal representation from a criminal/traffic law defense attorney. Please consult one immediately. If the family later sues you for wrongful death and the accident did not involve alcohol or drugs and was not intentional then eventually you may need to file bankruptcy in the meantime get to a defense attorney asap