I got insurance for the vehicle that i am driving, colonial county is the insurer. when i bought the insurance from colonial

they asked me to provide all type of info like who were the former insurers of the vehicle they were insuring, i provided the declaration pages. After a few months of being with them they notified about their dissatisfactions with the declaration pages due to the fact that on the former insurances i was not listed. I explained to them that I wasn't in the former declaration pages b/c there was only one car in my family and I never drove it b/c my mom used it all the time. So my mom did not find it necessary to pay extra w/ her former insurance. now they are debating on either kicking me out or increasing my premium, is that correct, i feel like i am being unfairly discriminated for a situation i had no control over. isn't there some statute that protect consumers from these situations.

Keller, TX -

Mark Allen Land

Mark Allen Land

Business Attorney - Austin, TX

The insurance company is not obligated to do business with you. Chances are you purchased a 6 month policy. At the end of that time, they can raise the rate or do whatever they want. If they are not satisfied with your explanation, I suggest finding a new carrier before the end of your policy.

David J. McCormick

David J. McCormick

Personal Injury Lawyer - Milwaukee, WI

This question has been posted at least 2 other times.

Tara Kaylene Millan

Tara Kaylene Millan

Personal Injury Lawyer - White City, OR

This one has been posted before.

Best of luck getting some fresh new replies-maybe more insight into your situation!