I got insurance for the vehicle that i am driving, colonial county is the insurer. when i bought the insurance from colonial

Keller, TX |

they asked me to provide all type of info like who were the former insurers of the vehicle they were insuring, i provided the declaration pages. After a few months of being with them they notified about their dissatisfactions with the declaration pages due to the fact that on the former insurances i was not listed. I explained to them that I wasn't in the former declaration pages b/c there was only one car in my family and I never drove it b/c my mom used it all the time. So my mom did not find it necessary to pay extra w/ her former insurance. now they are debating on either kicking me out or increasing my premium, is that correct, i feel like i am being unfairly discriminated for a situation i had no control over. isn't there some statute that protect consumers from these situations.

1. The insurance company is not obligated to do business with you. Chances are you purchased a 6 month policy. At the end of that time, they can raise the rate or do whatever they want. If they are not satisfied with your explanation, I suggest finding a new carrier before the end of your policy.

2. This question has been posted at least 2 other times.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

3. This one has been posted before.

Best of luck getting some fresh new replies-maybe more insight into your situation!

This reply is not an attempt to solicit business. Tara Millan's reply is not to be considered a legal opinion regarding your inquiry. No attorney client relationship has been established with Millan's reply to your inquiry. Your matter is state specific and state laws and regulations most likely apply that are not mentioned in this reply. The information provided was in reply to a general question and cannot be relied upon as legal advice, nor does the information provided establish an attorney client relationship. Seek out an attorney with whom you can fully explain your unique situation and enter into an attorney client relationship with that attorney.