I got in a wreak in Wisconsin without insurance.

Portage, WI |

Will my drivers license get suspended automatically. What steps will happen leading up to revocation?

This is a traffic ticket/criminal law question, not a personal injury/car accident question. I will edit the practice area. My understanding is that your license is not automatically suspended but it will likely be suspended if you pay the fine or plead guilty or are found not guilty. If you want to keep that from happening, you should probably contact a traffic ticket attorney who can assist you.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.

This is not necessarily a traffic ticket question, although the person asking probably was cited for operating without insurance. It is primarily a safety responsibility question. You will be given notice and an opportunity to be heard before your license and registration are suspended. For more information, see the link to the DOT website that follows.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.

Contact a local area attorney to help you with the procedure in Wisconsin for driving without insurance. Good luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets