I got in a verbal fight with my real estate agent. He disclosed our fight to someone else. Is this legal?

Asked about 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

SInce I did not have yet my full loan approval, I did not want to remove my financial contingency to my offer. My agent was really pushing me to remove my contingency anyway. He also said that I would have not be able to buy another home in CA. I said that I would have written a bad review of him if I would have lost my deposit. I then dropped our phone conversation. The agent instead of waiting the discussion to calm down, he called my girlfriend mum (they are friends) and explained what happened. My girlfriend mum talked to my girfriend who then broke-out with me, saying I was rude to the agent. It is a ridiculous story I know. BUT my point is: is it right that my agent disclose conversations between him and me to other people. It does not look right to me. Thank you for the help!

1. Michael Charles Doland

2

Answered . Even if your agent had a fiduciary duty it probably does not apply to the above facts. I also don't see any legal damages.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

2

Answered . Your story carries a god lesson for us all: keep our business separate from our friends, lovers and personal lives.

Mr. Doland is correct, the agent breached no professional or legal standards here.

3. Chi Leung Ip

Answered . However, the agent breached his /her duty by insisting to release all contingency when you did not have your loan secured. Edward C. Ip www.lawyer4property.com