Skip to main content

I got I797 for my sister. She has a new kid now.

Herndon, VA |
Filed under: Immigration

I understand that my sister's spouse and under 21 kids bcome derivative beneficiaries. At the time of application submission she had just one baby. Now she has another one. Do we need to inform NVC about new member so that baby also becomes derivative beneficiary?

Attorney Answers 1


The simple answer is yes. You should make sure they have updated information about all derivatives and any change of address for the sponsor until the case is transferred to the US Consulate for processing.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics