I got hurt at work. And I know I'm going to get a settlement when all the Dr appointments are done and over with.

Asked 12 months ago - Huntsville, AL

Talked to my case worker nurse and I have to go to Birmingham to get some test done for workmanscomp and I have to take off work to get it done. Work Mans comp only wants to pay me milage. If I have to miss work do to the test shouldnt they have to pay my missed work also? And one week after I had my accident I became a diabetic. The er Dr said it was due to all the medicines I was on also but work mans comp says its not due to it. So what do I do? I feel like I'm getting screwed!!

Attorney answers (3)

  1. David Philip Nomberg

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . With some many questions and issues related to your workers' compensation claim, you need to speak with an experienced workers' compensation attorney. Concerning your diabetes, have you spoken to your primary care physician about the cause? Maybe he can tell you what is causing it. You should not rely on the case nurse or adjuster to answer your questions as they do not work for you nor are they looking out for your best interests like an attorney will.

    No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of... more
  2. Francis E Leon Jr

    Contributor Level 8
    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Your time away from work could possibly be claimed as Temproary partial Disability. The calculation would be to compare your pre-injury average weekly wage and subtract your current week of earnings when you miss time for the doctor visits, e.g, if you were making $1000 weekly before you were hurt and have a week afterwards where you made $700 because of your Dr. visits, you could possibly claim 2/3's of that difference (2/3 of $300 = $200).
    Regarding your diabetes, if the Doctor says it was caused by the medicaltion used to treat your job injury, it should be covered by worker's compensation.

  3. Randy William Ferguson

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should sit down with an attorney. They will help you recover more than without an attorney. They should pay for you to be off work.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,231 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,231 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering