I got hurt at work. And I know I'm going to get a settlement when all the Dr appointments are done and over with.

Asked 12 months ago - Huntsville, AL

Talked to my case worker nurse and I have to go to Birmingham to get some test done for workmanscomp and I have to take off work to get it done. Work Mans comp only wants to pay me milage. If I have to miss work do to the test shouldnt they have to pay my missed work also? And one week after I had my accident I became a diabetic. The er Dr said it was due to all the medicines I was on also but work mans comp says its not due to it. So what do I do? I feel like I'm getting screwed!!

1. David Philip Nomberg

4

Answered . With some many questions and issues related to your workers' compensation claim, you need to speak with an experienced workers' compensation attorney. Concerning your diabetes, have you spoken to your primary care physician about the cause? Maybe he can tell you what is causing it. You should not rely on the case nurse or adjuster to answer your questions as they do not work for you nor are they looking out for your best interests like an attorney will.
    nomberglaw.com

2. Francis E Leon Jr

Best Answer

Answered . Your time away from work could possibly be claimed as Temproary partial Disability. The calculation would be to compare your pre-injury average weekly wage and subtract your current week of earnings when you miss time for the doctor visits, e.g, if you were making $1000 weekly before you were hurt and have a week afterwards where you made $700 because of your Dr. visits, you could possibly claim 2/3's of that difference (2/3 of $300 = $200).
    Regarding your diabetes, if the Doctor says it was caused by the medicaltion used to treat your job injury, it should be covered by worker's compensation.

3. Randy William Ferguson

1

Answered . You should sit down with an attorney. They will help you recover more than without an attorney. They should pay for you to be off work.