I got hurt.. They sent me to a comp & was out for 3 days. They agreed to have me come back & work light duty. Got laid off after

Clermont, FL |

Gave me a choice of a Huge pay cut(30 percent) or layoff. Been there 12 years.

1. In addition to your work comp claim, you may have a claim for wrongful termination under Fla Stat 440.205.

I provide a free 15 minute telephone consult for security deposit claims and eviction defense. No attorney-client relationship is created by answering questions in this public forum. If you wish to create an attorney-client relationship, you must contact me directly and sign a representation agreement. Answers are provided based on general ideas and an answer specific to your situation would require a review of all documents.

2. It would be unlawful for your employer to terminate your employment (or cut your pay) because of or in retaliation for your making a workers' compensation claim. If this is what happened, you could pursue a civil claim to recover, amongst other things, your lost wages and/or emotional distress.